They Call Me The Seeker

International Hobo – Your BrainHex Class is Seeker-Mastermind

Your BrainHex Class is Seeker.

Your BrainHex Class Your BrainHex Sub-Class is Seeker-Mastermind.

You like finding strange and wonderful things or finding familiar things as well as solving puzzles and devising strategies.

Each BrainHex Class also has an Exception, which describes what you dislike about playing games. Your Exceptions are:

» No Fear: You do not enjoy feeling afraid, preferring to feel safe or in control.
» No Punishment: You dislike struggling to overcome seemingly impossible challenges, and repeating the same task over and over again.

Learn more about your classes and exceptions at BrainHex.com.

Your scores for each of the classes in this test were as follows:

Seeker: 19
Mastermind: 16
Socialiser: 15
Achiever: 8
Daredevil: 7
Survivor: 0
Conqueror: -6

Go to BrainHex.com to learn more about this player model, and the neurobiological research behind it.

Feel free to take a copy of your BrainHex icon and display it anywhere you wish! Simply right click and choose “save as”. All we ask is you provide a link to BrainHex.com anywhere you use our images.

Thanks for taking part in the BrainHex survey!

6 thoughts on “They Call Me The Seeker

1. Doug says:

Heh. Not exact, but does at least have some aspects correct.

Your BrainHex Class is Mastermind.
    Your BrainHex Sub-Class is Mastermind-Conqueror.

You like solving puzzles and devising strategies as well as defeating impossibly difficult foes, struggling until you eventually achieve victory, and beating other players.

» No Commitment: You dislike being asked to complete everything, preferring to pick and choose which tasks you will attempt, or simply messing around with a game.

Learn more about your classes and exceptions at BrainHex.com.

Your scores for each of the classes in this test were as follows:

Mastermind: 15
    Conqueror: 13
    Socialiser: 11
    Seeker: 11
    Daredevil: 8
    Survivor: 3
    Achiever: 0

2. Joshua says:

That seems accurate, though since it just directly asks your preferences I suppose there’s no reason it shouldn’t be.

3. Brian says:

Eh, reasonably accurate, at least for video games. I think I object to “punishment,” as cited in Joshua’s profile, more than I object to “fear.”

Your BrainHex Class is Mastermind.
    Your BrainHex Sub-Class is Mastermind-Socialiser.

You like solving puzzles and devising strategies as well as hanging around with people you trust and helping people.

Your Exceptions are:

Your scores for each of the classes in this test were as follows:

Mastermind: 17
    Socialiser: 15
    Seeker: 12
    Conqueror: 6
    Daredevil: 5
    Achiever: 4
    Survivor: -2

4. Joshua says:

I strongly object to fear. I would never play any sort of horror game.

Punishment sort of depends…I’ll do stuff over and over to get better at it if it’s something like Karaoke Revolution, though I’m still not willing to fail out dozens of times, but if I miss the same stupid jump more than about three times in a platformer I usually give up on the game.

5. Brian says:

I guess it depends on the definition. I dislike “visceral” fear, so I would never play a game like “Alone in the Dark” or “Silent Hill.” But I don’t need to feel “safe” or “in control” when I’m gaming…there has to be some risk of failure, or the achievement is no fun. I view “safe” as the opposite of “punishment” rather than the opposite of “fear,” is my point.

6. Joshua says:

That doesn’t really make sense to me. At least, I wouldn’t describe the feeling of being at a risk of failure as unsafe or out-of-control. Inability to master a move, defeat a boss, or solve a puzzle makes me frustrated, not anxious or uneasy. To me the opposite of punishment is something like “Easy”, “Casual” or “Forgiving.”

Comments are closed.